Monday, October 11, 2010
Anansi Boys
I have never read a neil gaimon book, and the first time i had become familiar with him as a person i think is when coraline came out, which i also, was not aware was a novel before the movie. Had i known, i would have read coraline first before seeing the film. However, i really enjoy his writing style and found it very captivating, after watching the interview with him in class i understand where he comes from as an author, and respect that he is a good children's writer and understands what kind of themes and stories children want to hear about, despite others thinking that it may be too dark or disturbing. I liked that the Anansi boys was folk fiction, which is something i have never really read before as well, and i had no idea what to expect with the story line. I like the way that gaimon makes the animal spirits and humans interact with one another throughout the novel, and how they can communicate.